Friday, August 29, 2008

Apparently we've taken in a neighborhood child...

There are a bunch of kids that play outside downstairs, all around 5-10 years old... today Jenna saw Mattie and I looking out the window and motioned to me that she wanted to come up stairs. She needed help finding her dad, and would I help her look for him.... Of course I would, even though I know she wanders around outside w/out her dad all day. We went to the laundry room, we went to the pool, and dad was no where to be found, so she asked if she could just come up and play w/ Mattie. I said alright (thank God we are normal people!) and she played w/ Mattie for almost an hour. She read to her, demonstrated how to dance like a monkey (shown in the pic), crawled in the tunnel with her, and shared an apple and banana with her. At 6PM she said she was supposed to go the pool and we had to eat dinner so we sent her on her way. Five minutes later she was back at our door asking for dinner "because her dad said all they had was cereal"... so Sadri and I each gave her some of our pizza. Then we sent her on her way again and said goodnight.... only to see her at our door again 5 minutes later, this time with her puppy. Jenna is very sweet, but can you imagine if your 6 year old had this kind of freedom??? Yikes! I just pray she doesn't befriend some scary person who preys on children!!! Or am I just being over-protective and super paranoid???

3 comments:

Nadine said...

Aww, you guys are so sweet to take Jenna in and even give her dinner! Sounds like she needs a good friend, and Mattie is such an excellent friend.

Tatum and Ty said...

Very sweet of you, sounds like Jenna needs a better father... :(

Kristi said...

Uhhh....coming from someone with a 7 and 8 yr old - that is NOT normal....I would never let my kids wanser around like that for that long...I agree with you (paranoid or not) there are sickos everywhere - thats horrible! I bet Mattie loved her though...they always love to watch older kids....