Saturday, May 30, 2009

Monterey Family Vacation!

How does one narrow down over 100 pictures from a family vacation into a blog post? Here's the best I could do....
Here are Sadri and Mattie at the 18th hole of Pebble Beach Golf Course.... I have never seen Sadri so excited in my life! We drove to the golf course twice to look around and he wanted to go a 3rd time to look again.... I must admit it was very beautiful....We spent the afternoon at the white sand beach in Carmel, and walked to the end where it meets up with Pebble Beach golf course.... of course.... Mattie was on to Daddy's sneaky ways ;)

The famous "Lone Cypress" which just happens to be the logo for Pebble Beach...

We also stopped by Poppy Hills and Spyglass and Spanish Bay golf courses... here is a picture of Sadri and Mattie reluctantly leaving Spanish Bay

The Monterey Bay Aquarium was pretty cool and pretty big... we spent the whole morning there... and look, in the back you can spot some seals lounging on the rocks...

This is Lovers Point Beach.... more seals and squirrels.... lots of squirrels that Mattie wanted to feed and pet...

More Lovers Point Beach... cool rock formations...

My family vacationed to Monterey a lot when I was a kid... and we always played at this park... so we had to take Mattie to check it out!

The Fisherman's Wharf... where we sampled "the best clam chowder" at about 5 different locations... I don't want to see any clam chowder for at least 6 months!

Hiking at Point Lobos.... another spot my family always went when I was a kid... so beautiful... really, everywhere along the coast is beautiful....

Pismo Beach and Solvang didn't make it to my favorite pics pile, but we had some fun there too, on the way up to Monterey and on the way back down.... now I need a vacation from that vacation!

2 comments:

Nadine said...

Such cute pictures! I love the last one of Mattie on your back. Glad you guys had a great trip!

Lanae said...

Beautiful pics!!